- How to register
- Online registration
- Payment options
- Other methods of registration: by mail, fax, onsite
- International attendees
- Review the online calendar of events, the association meeting and fee schedule (pdf), and the Congress fee schedule and to find your association and to decide which meetings you wish to register for.
- Register! You can register online, by mail, by fax or onsite. An email confirming your registration will be sent you.
- Visit the Congress Registration Desk when you arrive onsite to pick up your receipt, official access badge and registration package.
- May 31 — 10:00 to 18:00
- June 1 — 7:30 to 19:00
- June 2 to June 6 — 7:30 to 18:00
- June 7 — 7:30 to 16:00
Login to the Congress registration portal to register for Congress. If you are new to Congress, you will be prompted to create a new account. Those who have attended Congress in a previous year (2008 to 2012) can return to their accounts to register for this year.
After you have registered, you can return to the Congress registration portal to:
- view/update your personal information
- add another association
- request a refund*
*Cancellations are accepted until April 15, 2013, subject to a $20 service fee. No refunds will be possible after this date.
The registration fees are broken down into two components – the Congress fee and the Association meeting fees.
The Congress fee is mandatory for every attendee, including speakers, presenters, panelists and those chairing or attending a session.
Congress fee prior to March 31st:
- Regular: $160
- Students, retired and unwaged: $60
Congress fee as of April 1st:
- Regular: $195
- Students, retired and unwaged: $80
Association meetings fees
The association meeting fees are mandatory for attendees participating at associations meetings, including speakers, presenters, panelists and those chairing or attending a session. Registration fees do not cover the association’s membership fees. For membership inquiries, please contact the association directly.
- Click here to view the association meeting fees.
If you wish to attend ONLY those general events as indicated in the online calendar of events and the Congress Guide as open to all registered Congress attendees, then the association meeting fees do not apply. However you will not be entitled to participate in sessions that have access restricted to registered attendees of an association, which includes all association meetings.
- Credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express): online, by mail, by fax and onsite
- Cheque or money order: by mail (in Canadian funds, made out to ‘Congress 2013’, no postdated cheques)
- Interac: Onsite only
Note: Cash or cheques will not be accepted onsite.
To register by mail or by fax, download the registration form (pdf) and the association meeting and fee schedule (pdf). Follow the instructions on these documents and return the registration form along with payment to:
300 – 275 Bank St
Ottawa, ON K2P 2L6
To register onsite, please visit the Congress Registration Desk in the McKinnon Building. The hours are listed above.
Terms and conditions:
- Deadline for registrations by mail and fax is May 20, 2013. After that date, only online or onsite registrations are accepted.
- A $25 administration fee will be added in cases of insufficient funds or invalid credit card numbers.
- Telephone registrations cannot be accepted.
- All registration forms must be completely filled out and be accompanied by full payment of fees.
- Cancellations are accepted until April 15, 2013, subject to a $20 service fee. No refunds will be possible after this date.
Congress attracts a considerable number of attendees and guest speakers from around the world. International attendees should confirm whether a visa is required for entry to Canada.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada provides a list of countries for which visa restrictions apply, as well as all other pertinent information you may require before making any travel plans. Give yourself plenty of time as the entire application process can take several months.
Please note that the registration confirmation you receive from us does not represent an invitation to attend the Congress for visa purposes. If you have been invited by one of the participating associations, please contact it directly to obtain an official letter. The Federation is unable to send letters of confirmation of any kind other than the Congress registration confirmation automatically generated and sent, by email, once your payment has been processed.