Directors & Officers Liability Insurance Program
Optional Errors and Omissions Insurance Program
for the Scholarly Associations and Affiliate Members of the Federation for the Humanities and Social Sciences
A Directors & Officers Liability Insurance Program and Errors and Omissions Insurance Program has been specifically developed for the Scholarly Associations and Affiliate Members of the Federation for the Humanities and Social Sciences. Benefiting from the member's group purchasing power, the program provides excessively competitive pricing and superior coverage.
Annual premiums are predetermined as follows, based on the required limits of insurance.
Option A + B
|Directors and Officers Liability Insurance||
Combined Directors and Officers Liability Insurance and Errors & Omissions Insurance
|Limit of Insurance||
A - Directors and Officers Liability Insurance:
Provides coverage for the following personal exposures of Directors and Officers:
- Statutory liability claims such as unpaid wages, source deductions, and sales taxes.
- Allegations of errors, misstatements, omissions, neglect or breach of duty in their role.
- Employment or volunteer related allegations such as discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination and invasion of privacy.
- Fiduciary liability arising from alleged errors, omissions, or breach of fiduciary duties in the management of employee benefit plans.
B - Optional Errors & Omissions Liability Insurance:
Provides coverage for the following potential allegations arising out of your Association's publications:
- Defamation including libel and slander.
- Disparagement or harm to character, reputation or feelings.
- Invasion or infringement of or interference with the right of privacy or publicity.
- Piracy, plagiarism or misappropriation of information or ideas.
- Infringement of copyright, title, slogan, trademark, trade name or service mark.
To obtain coverage for your organization:
- Complete the 2 page application (PDF)
- Print, sign, date and e-mail the application to [email protected] or fax at 613-226-7029
- A certificate providing confirmation of coverage as well as the corresponding invoice will be provided within 5 business days
- For a summary of typical insurance coverage for Not for Profit Associations (PDF)
- For a copy of the policy wording (Option A) (PDF)
- For a copy of the policy wording (Option A+B) (PDF)
- For claims examples (PDF)
- For additional highlights of the program (PDF)
- Directors and Officers Liability Insurance Program presentation by Serge Paquette and Neil Maloney of Globalex - March 27, 2021 (PDF)
- Federation Insurance Program presentation by Serge Paquette of Globalex - March 29, 2021 (PDF)
Contact Globalex Risk Management Inc.
Serge Paquette, Account Executive
[email protected] | 1-855-242-3575 or 613-226-8185 x.244